Varicose veins are one of the most common diseases, manifesting themselves in the form of protruding veins and spider veins in the lower extremities. Pathology can cause thrombophlebitis when blood clots form in the arteries. They close the blood vessels and provoke circulatory disorders and strokes. Varicose veins need to be treated at an early stage of development.
Objectives of Traditional Therapy
Treatment of varicose veins in the legs with folk remedies is carried out to improve blood circulation in the veins and thin the blood. Baths, compresses, ointments and tinctures can be used for this purpose. They are made on the basis of plant ingredients.
However, when using traditional medical prescriptions, we must not forget that they are effective only in the early stages of pathology. If stars and vascular networks occur, it is necessary to consult a specialist. In addition, the products can cause allergies. Therefore, before using compresses, ointments and baths, you should make sure that there are no adverse reactions.
Varicose veins primarily affect the lower extremities and develop as a result of stagnant processes. Traditional medicine will help to cope with the disease and stop all the accompanying symptoms.
You should balance your diet before starting treatment for varicose veins. A special diet should be followed for a week, whether you are overweight or not. The goal of diet nutrition is to eliminate fatty foods and increase immunity by increasing the amount of vitamins and minerals.
First of all, you should give up baking, butter, alcoholic beverages, meat and fish dishes, hot spices.
The diet should include fruits such as apples, bananas and citrus. Fresh vegetables are also useful.
For the first two days, the menu should consist only of vegetarian dishes. After two days, you can eat rice or buckwheat porridge, salads with vegetable oil, nettle soups.
Vegetable juices such as carrots and pumpkin are especially useful in varicose veins.
The diet is monitored every month for a week. This will help cleanse the body of cholesterol and strengthen your immune system.
General therapeutic procedures
Traditional medicine contains many recommendations for the proper treatment of varicose veins at home. It is recommended to use general therapy methods in the early stages of pathological development. They help to normalize blood circulation, avoid consequences and have a positive effect on the whole body.
Healing baths are effective in varicose veins. However, this method can not be used for trophic ulcers and thrombophlebitis.
Bath solution is prepared in advance. The best remedy is oak, willow and chestnut branches. Pour all components in a bucket of water in an amount of 0. 5 kg, add chamomile, St. John's wort and four sachets in a row, purchased at the pharmacy. Boil everything for 20 minutes and leave overnight. In the morning, prepare a source of three rye bread. Strain everything and add to the bath.
You can also use baking soda. You need to buy a package to prepare the bath solution. If you only need to steam your feet, add 7 tablespoons of baking soda to every 5 liters of water.
Willow or cedar bark has a positive effect on blood circulation. You need two handfuls of tree branches to take a bath. Pour three liters of water and boil for 30 minutes.
100 grams of dried sushi herb is also used for foot baths. Willow bark can be added to increase efficiency.
After the procedure, experts recommend a light massage of the legs and pre-wearing compression stockings on a small hill.
Solutions for internal use
Traditional medicine knows many recipes for oral administration. All solutions are best cooked in a closed bowl or thermos. Herbal remedies retain their properties even when exposed to high temperatures. They must be filtered before use. The most popular and effective ones for varicose veins of the lower extremities:
- Apples. Four small apples are brewed with a liter of warm boiled water. The container was wrapped and left for 4 hours. Then the apples are kneaded until gruel, honey is added. The remedy is taken on an empty stomach before bedtime.
- Stinging nettle. It is not only used for cosmetic purposes, but also the best remedy for varicose veins. To prepare the tincture you need to take three tablespoons of dried and crushed herbs and pour a liter of boiling water. Insist for an hour. Drink a third of a glass an hour after a meal.
- Soda solution. Dilute to 1 teaspoon per cup. Take twice a day.
- Honey garlic. To prepare the solution, you need to crush 250 grams of garlic and mix it with 350 grams of honey. Insist for at least 10 days. Take a tablespoon of balm 30 minutes before meals. Before use, you must make sure that you are not allergic to honey.
All traditional medicine prescriptions are effective only in the early stages of the disease and have certain contraindications. You should consult a doctor before use. In a situation where painful sensations occur and the pathology turns into thrombophlebitis, it is necessary to consult a doctor and use medication.
There are many different tinctures whose main ingredient is alcohol. The composition also contains natural substances that help restore blood circulation. The most effective settings are:
- Kalanchoe.The plant is widely used in traditional medicine and has many useful properties. An alcoholic solution is used to rub the affected areas. But it is important to cook properly. To do this, you must first keep the freshly cut leaves in a cool, dark place for a week. Then turn them in a meat grinder and pour vodka, the amount of which is more than twice the amount of crushed herbs. The instrument is re-infused and filtered for 7 days.
- Collection of meadow flowers.These are available at the pharmacy. You can add oak and horsetail bark for effectiveness. The collection of herbs is poured a liter of alcohol and insist week. The tool is used to treat ulcers and eliminate inflammation. Apply to the affected area twice a day.
- White acacia flowers.Tincture is prepared for a week and used to wipe the skin. Pour a mixture of acacia flowers and birch or pine buds in a ratio of 2: 3 with vodka or alcohol.
In the case of varicose veins, a tincture based on Adam's apple helps relieve symptoms and restore blood circulation. The fruit is poisonous and its use inside is strictly prohibited. The tool is used to rub the affected area and is prepared within a month.
Amanita infusions are used in villages. However, this method of treatment is rare today, because the mushrooms appear only in late summer and are used fresh. In addition, not everyone trusts such a drug.
Ointments for varicose veins
Creams and ointments based on herbal substances with varicose veins remain on the surface of the skin for a longer time. Therefore, the active ingredients act on the affected vessels for a long time. Flaxseed is used for making juices, oils, fats.
Also contains decoctions of various herbs:
- burdock root;
Ginger and onion peels are also used in the preparation of broth for ointment. All components should be brewed in equal proportions and mixed with the base. Ointments can be stored for a long time, ie do not require daily preparation. Put them in the refrigerator after use.
Badger oil is especially popular in varicose veins. It not only restores blood circulation, but also helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels and improve immunity. Many northern people used bear oil to treat the disease. It also has many useful features.
Shilajit ointments are also popular and can be bought at the pharmacy.
Compresses for varicose veins
Various ingredients are used for compresses, such as cypress, potato, sandalwood oil. The most popular are burdock and cabbage leaves. They contain many useful vitamins and minerals that have a positive effect on the arteries and the body as a whole. Traditional medicine knows many recipes, including:
- burdock and horseradish. First, heat the leaves of one of the plants by placing them on a teapot or pot. Apply a small piece of dressing to the affected skin area, then a layer and apply the dressing. The duration of treatment is five procedures performed daily before bedtime. The bandage is removed in the morning. The remedy helps to reduce pain and improve the overall condition.
- Ointment and burdock. The plant is used only fresh. Compression is performed after applying the ointment to the affected area. Then a burdock leaf is applied and compression stockings are put on. Dressing is changed every three days and the duration of therapy is three months.
- Cosmetic Clay. Dilute to a thick homogeneous mass in water at room temperature. Apply the product to the affected areas, cover with a bandage in two layers. Then apply a clay again, fix with a bandage. Thus, the layer should be at least 1. 5 cm. Wrap the bandage with a linen cloth and a woolen scarf to prevent moisture absorption. The feet should be kept on a small hill. The procedure lasts 3 hours, after which the bandage is removed.
- Potatoes. Compresses are also made on the basis of potatoes or tops. Rub the vegetables with a fine grater and moisten the resulting juice with a bandage. The procedure is best done at night.
Aloe compresses are useful for varicose veins. Only freshly cut leaves are used. Tomato dressings are also effective. They are applied for several hours. Tomatoes have the ability to improve blood circulation in a short time and are not used only for intake with varicose veins. Onions are not only popular because of their characteristic smell, but also very effective.
Many experts recommend saline dressings for varicose veins. They help relieve pain, inflammation and improve blood circulation. Although reducing salt intake is recommended for many diets, salt dressings have a positive effect on the formation of varicose veins.
Bees are also used to treat varicose veins. They have a substance called hirudin in their pain. Prevents blood clottingBee stings should be carried out directly on the knot.
Propolis is especially popular. Used to prepare both fresh reception and ointments and compresses.
You can also make an iodine mesh with varicose veins. It is applied at night with a cotton swab.
Home Treatment Outcomes
The use of traditional medicines can cause some side effects. An allergic reaction is observed when using essential oils, honey, propolis.
People with established diseases and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract should be careful when using oral products.
To protect yourself from the development of varicose veins of the lower extremities, you should follow a number of preventive measures:
- Take a contrast shower. Helps keep blood vessels in good condition. The shower also has a positive effect on blood circulation.
- Go swimming. A visit to the pool helps to combat the stagnation of blood in the vessels.
- Walk as much as possible to prevent varicose veins.
- Take care of your health during pregnancy, because a woman is most susceptible to the development of the disease during this period.
- Eat right. The diet should include as few fatty and spicy foods as possible.
Adherence to protective measures significantly reduces the likelihood of developing varicose veins. Traditional medicine prescriptions can be used when pathological symptoms appear. However, we must not forget that their use can be harmful to health. Therefore, you should consult your doctor.